Monday, January 27, 2014

Reviews: Anthropologie January 2014

This is my first attempt at a reviews series and I'm using an iPhone 3 so please excuse the poor quality photos...

Rococo tee
Silk racerback cami
Flounced ponte pencil skirt
I asked one of the sales associates for help putting together an outfit for Valentine's Day and this is what she came up with.

The Rococo tee looks cute in the picture, but it felt huge and boxy on me in real life.  It is very sheer, and the sales associate gave me the black silk racerback cami to layer underneath.  I gave the Rococo tee a pass but would probably have picked up the cami if I'd needed more layering staples, which I don't.

I loved the flounced ponte pencil skirt.  It comes in red and black, and it consists of crisscrossing panels of relatively stiff, textured fabric with a ruffle at the bottom.  I tried it on in XS and thought it was very flattering, and fit true to size.  I will try to hold out for a sale but may end up paying full price for this one.

Margot dress
The Margot dress looked cute on the hanger.  It has pink panels on the side which I am covering with my arms (oops).  The chest was way too loose, even in an XS, so it went back to the rack.

Stripe swing dress
I had better luck with the stripe swing dress.  It's made of stretchy, soft material and I love the sweetheart neckline.  If you are ordering online, it's important to note that the pattern on each dress is slightly different.  I was also disappointed to note that the pattern didn't match up at the seams.  Also planning on waiting for sale on this one.

7 comments:

  1. Pretty good pics for an iPhone 3! I really like the Stripe Swing Dress on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think my phone is on its last legs though...

      Delete
  2. The stripe swing dress on you looks fab - and I am digging that rococo tee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I might give the rococo tee a second chance after reading your post about oversized tops.

      Delete
  3. Everything looks good on you! That flounced ponte pencil skirt is fab! I love the way you describe it. I do not remember seeing it. I will have to check it out. I need a new red skirt. But I will have to hold out for sale. I love reviews! So much! Thanks for sharing!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really liked the skirt. I think I could wear it to work and it would also be good for going out. I'm trying to exercise my willpower by waiting for a sale but we'll see...

      Delete
  4. the stripe dress is adorable, I love the fit on you!

    ReplyDelete